Supercute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

super cute guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
youxieshi

Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO Empty
PostSubject: Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO   Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 am

Major Gen. Peter Fuller, a top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, was relieved of his duties Friday after comments he made to POLITICO disparaging Afghan President Hamid Karzai and calling the government’s
Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO 111104_peter_fuller_ap_328
leaders “isolated from reality.”

Gen. John Allen, commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan, ousted Fuller wholesale jerseys following what the coalition called his “inappropriate public comments.”

“These unfortunate comments are neither indicative of our current solid relationship with the government of Afghanistan, its leadership, or our joint commitment to prevail here in Afghanistan,” Allen said in a

statement.

“The Afghan people are an honorable people, and comments such as these willcheap mlb jerseysnot keep us from accomplishing our most critical and shared mission — bringing about a stable, peaceful and prosperous

Afghanistan,” he added.

Fuller was the deputy commander of the NATO Training Mission in nfl jerseys cheap Afghanistan and responsible for training Afghan security forces.

In a Thursday interview with POLITICO, Fuller, a two-star general, slammed Karzai’s recent remark that Afghanistan would side with Pakistan in a war against the U.S., blasting the president’s comments as

“erratic,” and adding, “Why don’t you just poke me in the eye with jerseys wholesale a needle! You’ve got to be kidding me. … I’m sorry, we just gave you $11.6 billion and now you’re telling me, ‘I don’t really care?’”

“When they are going to have a presidential election, you hope they yotoforum get a guy that’s more articulate in public,” Fuller added.

Fuller also criticized Afghan leaders as divorced from the economic realities of the United States.

“I said, ‘You guys are isolated from reality.’ The reality is, the world economy is having some significant hiccups. The U.S. is in this [too],” Fuller told POLITICO. “If you’re in a very poor country like

Afghanistan, you think that America has roads paved in gold, everybody cheap jerseys lives in Hollywood. They don’t understand the sacrifices that America is making to provide for their security. And I think that’s part of my

job — to educate ’em.”

He repeatedly said the Afghan leaders don’t appreciate the sacrifice that the United States was making in “blood and treasure” for the sake of their country.

Military officials said Fuller had been quoted accurately and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta had been made aware of his comments to POLITICO, reported CNN.
http://midnightswords.freeforumshosting.biz/t140-peter-fuller-removed-from-duty-as-a-top-afghanistan-commander-for-remarks-to-politico
The NATO statement did not say what Fuller would do next but such disciplinary action usually ends military careers, reports noted. Fuller has served in the armed forces for more than 30 years.
Back to top Go down

Peter Fuller removed from duty as a top Afghanistan commander for remarks to POLITICO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Supercute :: Off topic :: Off topic-
Jump to: